- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- Supports healthy digestion and respiratory function*
- Excellent source of antioxidants*
Application: A T I D
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, sharp, green, camphoraceous
Main Chemical Components: Carvacrol, thymol
Plant Part: Leaf
The primary chemical components of carvacrol and thymol are what provide the astounding cleansing and antioxidant properties of Oregano that traditional health practices have come to rely upon for centuries. doTERRA Oregano essential oil is highly potent, requiring no more than a few drops to do anything from boost the immune system to season spaghetti sauce.
Due to its high phenol content, Oregano is considered to be one of the “hot” oils, meaning special care should be taken to follow proper dilution guidelines when applying directly to the skin. Always be sure to dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil when applying to the skin to avoid any potential sensitivity issues that may arise. Special care should also be taken when diffusing Oregano—no more than one or two drops are needed. Even when diluted, Oregano acts as a powerful purifying and cleansing agent for the home and the body.
When one drop is taken daily in a capsule as part of a healthy diet, Oregano can help support a healthy immune system strong enough to see you through times rife with seasonal threats. Oregano is also known to support healthy respiratory function. These capacities and more are a result of the fact that Oregano serves as an excellent source of naturally occurring antioxidants, making it a wonderful all-around tonic for the body’s systems. In addition to supporting the immune system, Oregano also supports the digestive system by encouraging the excretion of digestive juices that aid in the flow of bile through the digestive tract.
Oregano is also handy to keep in the kitchen. You can replace dried oregano with just one drop of Oregano oil in any of your favorite spaghetti or pizza dishes for an immune-boosting substitute that provides the same flavor with added benefits. Another use for Oregano in the kitchen or other household area is to put 10 drops with water into a 16 oz spray bottle to create an all-natural surface cleaner that will purify the area without the synthetic chemicals that are often hazardous to your health. After experiencing the potency of Oregano, you’re sure to find that it’s not just a key ingredient in your favorite Italian dish, but a key ingredient in your life!
- Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function. *
- Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
- Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner/counter spray.
- Put two to three drops in veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system.*
- Oregano is an excellent source of antioxidants.*
- Add one drop in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to your favorite Italian dishes.
- Supports healthy digestion.*
- May help to support a healthy immune system.*
- Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent.